Candle tips and tricks
Today I want to help you get the best out of your candle. Here's how:
1. Trim that wick! Ideally the wick should be trimmed after every burn, or when you notice it's looking a little long. Trimming your wick to a quarter inch will stop the candle from burning too quickly. Use a wick trimmers, or you can pinch the top off with your fingertips. A tweezers works great once the candle has burned down a bit.
2. Avoid drafts! Candles don't like wind. You'll get a cleaner, steadier burn in steady conditions. It's also a good idea to burn them on a level surface and away from anything flammable. Pets and children should be kept out away from candles, and please never leave your candle unattended!
3. Aim to burn your candle until it reaches a full melt pool - where the entire surface of the candle is liquid wax. This helps protect against tunnelling, where wax is left on the sides of the jar.
4. Similarly, don't burn your candle for too long! 2 - 3 hours is perfect. Never burn for longer than 4 hours. The glass can become extremely hot to the touch.
5. If you have a snuffer on hand, this is the best way to extinguish your candle. If you don't have one, gently blow the flame out, taking care not to blow the liquid wax out of the jar. Remove any debris that falls into the wax.
Most importantly, enjoy the beautiful aroma and comforting glow of your Rain & Wild candle!